SouthPark Swim & Tennis Club
2200 Huntingtowne Farms Ln
Charlotte, NC 28210
Dates of Operation
Pool Opens May 20, 2017
For more details: Pool Hours
Tennis courts are OPEN year-round. For Tennis calendar and court availability see Tennis page.
Front Desk: (704) 554-6397
This number is not monitored off-season, please use the email below.
PO BOX 241102
Charlotte, NC 28224
The following rules and regulations are for the protection and benefit of all members. These rules have been established to assure safe and sanitary operation of the pool facilities. Parents are requested to caution their children to observe all rules.
All members, including children, shall use the pool and its facilities at their own risk.
The club will not be responsible for any accident or injury in connection with pool use.
Any failure to comply with these rules shall be considered sufficient cause for immediate suspension of pool privileges for the offending member. Lifeguards have final say of rules in the water and their instructions must be followed. If you have concerns about the rules please contact the manager or a board member to report your concern.
1. All members and guests must sign in– this is by order of the Health Department. Guest registration is required.
2. Guest Policies:
- All Guests must be accompanied by a Member. Members are responsible for informing their guests of pool rules.
- Guest fees are $3 per person/per weekday. $5 guest fee on weekends and Holidays.
- Non-Adult Members can bring no more than two guests at a time.
- No more than five guests per family per day. More than five guests entering the pool with a family is considered a party and must be booked two weeks ahead of time.
- An individual may come as a guest of a member a total of five times over the course of the pool season, unless approved by the Board of Directors.
- Babysitters bringing member children in lieu of their parents are not charged a guest fee, but need to sign in as a guest.
3. All members and guests shall observe the following rules:
- Each person is responsible for cleaning up his/her trash and keeping our pool looking nice.
- Defacing or destroying pool property will not be tolerated. Any member found to be in violation of this rule will face immediate suspension.
- The cost of any property damage anywhere on the pool grounds will be charged to the responsible member(s) or member parent(s).
- The club will not be responsible for loss or damage to personal property.
- Members shall drive slowly and carefully on driveway, parking areas, and streets leading into the club.
- Only authorized employees are permitted behind the office desk or the concession stand.
4. General pool rules
- There will be no swimming unless lifeguards are present and in the lifeguard chair. No talking to lifeguards on duty.
- The pool will be cleared for ten minutes out of each hour for adult swim.
- Everyone must stay clear of the lifeguard chairs and refrain from talking to the lifeguards when they are in the lifeguard chair.
- No hanging on the life lines or buoys, except when necessary.
- Swim suits are required – no cut-off jeans, etc.
- Children not potty trained most wear tight fitting rubber pants with elastic at legs and waist (swim diapers alone are not acceptable).
- Admission for swimming may be refused to anyone with skin abrasions, colds, coughs, inflamed eyes, infections, or anyone wearing bandages.
- Spitting and blowing nose in pool is prohibited.
- No swim aids are allowed on the slide or diving board.
- No catching children off the slide or diving board.
5. Parents are responsible for the supervision of their children and should inform them of the following pool rules:
- No running, pushing, wrestling, rough play or causing a disturbance in or about the pool area.
- Use of Baby Pool shall be limited to children under six years of age and they must be accompanied by an adult or babysitter while in the baby pool area.
- Children under ten who have not passed the basic swim test* will not be permitted in the pool area unless accompanied by an adult.
- Artificial swimming aids are allowed in the roped-off area, at the discretion of the lifeguards. Parents should be within reach of any child wearing swim aids in the pool.
6. Diving and sliding board rules:
- Entry into the diving area will be from the front of the boards only.
- Only one person at a time is permitted on the diving and sliding boards.
- No hanging or other forms of horseplay from diving or sliding boards.
- Divers and sliders will leave the water from the ladder located closest to the board used. Diving and sliding is permitted only if the previous diver or slider has surfaced reached the ladder.
- Diving is permitted in the deep pool only.
7. The following are not allowed in the pool area:
- No glass containers of any kind are permitted in the pool area.
- No pets permitted within fenced area of club.
- No wheels of any kind are allowed on the pool deck or tennis courts (skateboards, rollerblades, wheelies shoes, etc.)
- Adult beverages allowed only when discretion is used, drinks must be in a cup or coozie.
- No food or drink allowed in the pool.
- No abusive or profane language allowed.
8. Tennis Rules
- SPSTC League matches and scheduled tennis lessons have priority in court use. Courts available on a first come first serve basis if not reserved for league or lessons.
- Guests may use the courts only when accompanied by members. Guests are limited to 5 visits per year.
- Tennis courts to be used only for playing tennis-no playing of other games on the courts.
- Please lock the courts after use.
9. These regulations may be revised or additional rules may be established at any time by the Board of Directors.
10. The SPSTC and CPM managers oversee the entire pool operation and are responsible, along with the other members of his/her staff, to enforce the above rules for children and adults. The management reserves the right to deny use of the pool to anyone at any time for violation of any of the above rules.